St. Marys Golfers Clean Up This Past Weekend at the Country Club
The 2016 Mixed Invitational at the St. Marys Golf and Country Club on Saturday, June 18 was a fun day, featuring 46 couples (92 golfers).
Weather conditions were ideal for a golf tournament. The Modified Chapman format was used.
St. Marys and area golfers cleaned up this past weekend -- must have been the home-course advantage!
The following are the day’s top results:
The overall gross champions and defending champions were St. Marys Golf & Country Club members Rich Parsons and his wife Janis Kapp. Even with a double-bogey 7 on their final hole (the par 5 No. 12), they combined to fire a two-under-par 70 for a five-shot win. “We putted well,” Parsons said without hesitation. They penciled in eight birdies during their solid round. “We were lighting it up,” he added. Parsons noted that it was the best golf he’s ever seen his wife Janis play. “She made some really good putts,” he said. Last year, the Parsons-Kapp team shot a 76 to win the overall gross title. The overall net champions this year were St. Marys Golf & Country Club golf members Peter and Barb Westelaken. They had a gross score of 81 and a net score of 59.
- In ‘A’ Flight, the gross score champions were Larry Hofheinz and Karen Snelgrove with a 75,
- The net champs were Stephen and Patricia Hearn, St. Marys G&CC members. They had a gross score of 77, with a net score of 63,
- The most honest golfers were Rick and Marcie Fry,
- In ‘B’ Flight, the gross score champions were Jim and Pat Craigmile, St. Marys Golf & Country Club members who posted a score of 80,
- The net score champions were Tom and Lynda Warren, also St. Marys golf members who teamed up for a gross score of 82 and a net score of 61,
- The most honest golfers were Jason and Jill Skipper, St. Marys Golf & Country Club members,
- In ‘C’ Flight, the gross score champions were Matt Bailey and Kelly Craigmile, of St. Marys, with an 89.
- The net champions were Jason and Kerry Wright, of St. Marys, with a score of 62.
- The most honest golfers in ‘C’ were Rick O’Donnell and Sheila Coulthard, St. Marys Golf & Country Club members.
Other honourable mentions from St. Marys go to Chris and Jan Knowles, who finished second overall in ‘B’ Flight with a gross score of 82, and to John and Linda Cooke who took second place in ‘B’ with a net score of 66.