Book an Appointment | March 13th
Book an appointment for the Early Bird Membership event on March 13, 2021 (appointments mandatory). Special features include:
- Special member incentives (see below for details),
- Complimentary food and beverage samples,
- Golf Simulator contests: Closest to the Pin and/or Longest Drive (PLUS: demo the newest Callaway woods and irons!), and
- Great prizes!
OR Call 519-284-3704 ext. 1 to book an appointment over the phone
IMPORTANT | Due to government mandated protocols restricting capacity:
- It is important for you to arrive on time for your appointment.
- Each guest can stay for 60 minutes (one hour) following their appointment time for food, beverages, and the simulator contest.
- Masks are mandatory in the building, at all times, unless seated.
- Tables are limited to six guests per table (and guests cannot move from table to table, due to the associate risk of spreading the virus).
- PLEASE help protect our community!
Happy New Year. Despite the government mandated lockdown restrictions, I hope that you were able to find ways to celebrate with family over the holidays. The past year has been the most interesting and difficult year for small, community-based businesses, like the St. Marys Golf & Country Club. We have been hit hard by government mandated lockdowns, which have had a significant, and at times, negative, effect on our business. Now that we are in the midst of a second lockdown, the difficulty has unfortunately heightened. However, it appears that there is light at the end of the tunnel!
THE PANDEMIC & LOCKDOWN
Thankfully, from a golf perspective, we are in our winter season and locking down means closing the golf simulator, for the time being. We were very excited to be the first to bring a golf simulator to St. Marys and we were obviously disappointed that we have unable to share this with you. We hope that the Ontario government will reconsider its position on essential versus non-essential businesses, in the near future, and understand the importance that restaurants, retailers, gyms, recreation facilities, and other businesses, such as these, have in their communities.
As I’m sure you can understand, the global pandemic has brought forward a number of opportunities and challenges for the golf industry. From a positive perspective, golf has gained momentum, with an increased number of golf rounds industry wide. From an adverse perspective, businesses have been hit with increased costs and having to pivot their businesses to survive, due to government mandated closures.
We are excited to announce a number of investments over the coming year, as follows:
- Restaurant & Pro Shop Renovations – the pro shop, bar and restaurant are in the midst of an overhaul, during the months of January and February. We look forward to welcoming members to the new Social Thirty-One restaurant sometime in March.
- Cart Paths – our Maintenance Team was busy, leading up to the Christmas holidays, preparing new pathways on Holes #1, 2 and 8. This coming season, the paths will be paved with asphalt.
- Golf Carts – we committed with our supplier to replace eight golf carts from our fleet with fuel injected carts. However due to a worldwide shortage of golf carts, our local supplier has had difficulty finding white golf carts to match our fleet, which they are telling us could take up to a year. Saying this, we believe that we have secured eight golf carts for this season! More info to come.
REVISED MEMBERSHIP STRUCTURE
We have made a number of strategic decisions over the offseason, for the future of the St. Marys Golf & Country Club, as a way to pivot the business, while continuing to provide the best possible experience for our customers and golf community. Over the past 10 months, we have reviewed and made adjustments to golf memberships, game packages, and green fees. We understand that for some members, this will be a change from past practices, while for others, it will be relatively status quo. Overall, golf memberships continue to provide (by far) the best value per round for SMGCC golf members. The most notable change is to the Weekday membership option, which has been replaced with the 4x7 Flex Membership.
For details on the new membership structure, please click here.
EARLY BIRD MEMBERSHIP
Please note that due to group gathering restrictions, we are awaiting direction from the Ontario government regarding hosting our annual early bird membership event this year. Either way, we will be offering some of the same specials as previous years, for early bird memberships purchased on/before our early bird deadline on March 13th, as follows:
- Special member gift for each membership purchased,
- Two complimentary 18-hole green fees (walking) for individual memberships purchased and three complimentary 18-hole green fees (walking) for couple memberships purchased,
- Save 50% on a warm-up range membership (click here to purchase), and
- SMGolf Rewards: 4% back on all purchases [Note: to date, our customers have redeemed over 2,075 $12 loyalty coupons at SMGCC!]
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
To renew your new membership for the 2021 golf season, you have the following options:
- Purchase online:
- Golf Membership purchases: click here,
- Locker rental purchases: click here, and
- Warm-Up Range Membership purchases: click here.
- Fill out a membership form by clicking here and scrolling down to your selected membership type. Then mailing, emailing (a scanned, completed copy), or setting up an appointment to drop off. Please note that the Pro Shop will be closed until March 3rd, during renovations, OR
- Setting up an appointment for our Early Bird Membership event on March 13th (more info to come).
And here are some friendly reminders regarding our loyalty program, to get your ready for the spring:
- SMGolf Rewards loyalty coupons can be used for the Pro Shop, restaurant and bar. The only exception is that coupons cannot be used for membership purchases.
- SMGolf Rewards coupons expire 265 days after receiving a coupon.
- One $12 coupon can be redeemed per purchase.
The Golf Operations Team