Ready for that final fundraising push for the third and final BAMM Golf Tournament at the St. Marys Golf & Country Club on Friday, September 16th? We have compiled some Helpful Tips to help you reach your fundraising goal in time for the big event. Here are the the Helpful Tips to get you there:
- Write down the names of everyone you know – Sit down with a piece of paper and write down the names of all of the people in your life (family, friends, neighbours, co-workers). Go through your address book (include your doctor, auto mechanic, relatives, golf buddies, former classmates, everybody you do business with, your dry cleaner, everyone you talk to at your office or place of worship). Think about any people who’ve asked you for money for a charity before and put them on the list. Don’t leave anyone out. So many people have been affected by mental health and brain injuries and are looking for an opportunity like this to support this cause. Then, reach out them!
- Use the Online Team Registration & Fundraising Manual – includes great tips for fundraising online (click here)
- Send Personalized emails through the online fundraising portal (as opposed to blank emails to all friends and family) – personalized emails should include the recipient’s first name [ex. Hi Joe…]
- Add a personal story to the message of the email on the online fundraising portal – almost all of us have personally or know someone who has experienced (1) mental health or (2) brain injury issues. Tell friends and family how mental health and/or brain injury has affected you (or someone you know) and how you want to give back to these people
- Follow up – If you haven’t received a response from someone you’ve asked for a donation, be sure to follow up. Make a phone call or send a quick note to make sure that they haven’t forgotten your request.
- Host an event – host a fundraising BBQ or house party at your place. Invite friends and family. Charge them a fee for coming and tell them the money is going to the Brain & Mind Matters Community Fund.
- Get out on the Street – ask your local LCBO (or Beer Store) or grocery store if you can solicit donations in front of their store
And Remember (if you are not sending your messages directly from the online fundraising portal)…DO NOT FORGET to include your personal URL (link) in the email